UPF 50 Beach Umbrella for maximum sun protection
Introducing this classic UPF 50 Beach Umbrella with valance. This is a UV protective sun umbrella, actually rated at UPF 50+ (Ultra Violet Protection Factor 50+) offering a very high level of sun protection indeed. From German company, FARE, this stylish UV umbrella sports a titanium finish steel frame and adjustable tilt mechanism to angle the parasol canopy. It’s simple to set up and use with a smooth action safety runner. In addition, it has eight solid, sturdy ribs and a two-piece shaft with variable height adjustment.
UPF 50 Beach Umbrella – for the beach and more
This superb UPF 50 beach umbrella is obviously great for looking and feeling cool at the beach. But it’s also a great general outdoor leisure umbrella to keep in the back of the car. Use it for picnics, camping, caravanning, and also in your back garden or yard. If you know someone with sensitive skin, this also makes for a thoughtful and practical gift.
When fully closed the product is around 122 cm long. The lower shaft is approx. 120 cm long. The diameter of the two telescopic shaft pieces is 22 mm and 25 mm. Just to be clear, the lower pole is 25 mm. On the shaft, there is a twist lock to enable height adjustment and to fix securely. When assembled, allowing for about 10 cm of one pole inserted into the other, the height from ground to top is about 220 cm. From the ground to the canopy edge rib tips the height is about 190 cm.
The 165 cm diameter canopy is made from 100% polyester, has eight panels and an elegant valance. You can remove the canopy for cleaning purposes. What’s more your UPF 50 beach umbrella is also easy to carry thanks to a convenient carrying case with a shoulder strap and drawstring closure. The net weight is 2050 g.
Available in a choice of 5 colours: apricot, white, beige, navy blue, and grey. Select from the Canopy Colour drop-down menu above.
- Rated UPF 50+ for max protection
- Canopy covers are removable
- Choice of 5 colours
- Quality coated steel frame
- Angle tilt mechanism
- Height adjustable
- Handy shoulder strap carry case
UPF 50+ Rated UV Protective Parasols
• The fabric has excellent UV protection. It is tested under defined conditions to the permeability of harmful UV radiation. The protective effect is expressed by the UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor). The higher the factor, the better the protection.
• Material testing took place based on the testing method of AS/NZS 4399:2017.
• The UV protection factor (UPF) indicates how much longer the user of items with UV protection or the wearer of UV protective clothing can stay in the sun, without damaging the skin. The calculation basis is the self-protection time of the skin, which varies depending on the skin type. There are 6 different skin types.
• Skin type I is particularly sensitive. It is characterised by very light, extremely sensitive skin, light eyes, red-blond hair and very often freckles. Skin type I never tans and sunburns very quickly.
• Skin type II is characterised by light, sensitive skin, blue, grey, green or brown eyes, blond to brown hair, and often freckles. Skin type II tans little to moderately and often gets a sunburn.
• Skin type III has light to light brown skin, grey or brown eyes, and dark blond to brown hair. Freckles are rare. Skin type III tans faster than skin type II.
• Skin type IV has light brown, olive skin, brown to dark brown eyes, and dark brown hair. Skin type IV tans quickly.
• Skin type V has dark brown skin, dark brown eyes, and dark brown to black hair.
• Skin type VI has dark brown to black skin, dark brown eyes, and black hair.
• The skin type should be determined by a dermatologist.
• Further information can be found at http://www.bfs.de/DE/themen/opt/uv/wirkung/hauttypen/hauttypen.html
• The time spent in the sun depends on the skin types described above.
N.B. Price excludes parasol base.
If you prefer your UV beach umbrella without a valance then simply click to view an alternate version of this UPF50 UV beach parasol.